Saturday, May 26, 2007

My Amazing Friend Norma

Norma is a lady I had the opportunity to work with in my former life before owning a photography studio. In 2004 she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She came in to my studio to have me take a few shots of her the day before she started treatment so she could have photos before her hair would fall out. Here is my favorite from the session.

Norma underwent treatment and the breast cancer went into remission. A few months ago she started to have severe headaches and it was determined that she had 3 lesions on her brain. She has continued to undergo more treatments and has just recently moved back to her home state of Virginia with her husband Matt and their 3 children. Before they left I took some family photos of them at the facility Norma was staying at recently. These are a few of them.
If anyone can beat something like this, I know it can be Norma. She is a brave, optimistic, determined lady and someone I am very glad I have had the privilege of crossing life's paths with. Norma and Matt, I will miss seeing you guys up here but I know your families will be glad to have you home. My best to all of you.

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Just an update to the blog...one that is long overdue but it has taken me a while to able to write it....
Norma lost her battle with cancer on July 20,2007-not really all that long after my post...or our photo session. She is sadly missed by everyone who's life she touched including myself. My deepest and sincerest sympathies to her family especially her husband, her children and her parents.

No comments: