Saturday, May 26, 2007

Oops we did it AGAIN...

I meet with brides and grooms all the time....most will decide that they want me to shoot thier wedding. A few decide they will have a friend that is pretty decent with a camera take their photos instead of hiring a professional. And since I went through this process of budgeting a wedding myself not so long ago I completely understand trying to cut corners where you can...

that being said...your photos really are the most important part of your budget in that they are the only things you have after its all over. The dress hangs in the closet, the flowers wilt, the cake is eaten, the tuxes returned...you get the idea.



Often I have heard stories of regret. This couple recently hired me to take some professional shots of them a week AFTER the wedding because the friend's photos didn't come out at all...

We couldn't get photos of family and friends, we couldn't get the ceremony again but we did capture some really nice shots of them as a couple. He had to rent another tux and they had to buy more flowers but I know she is glad she has something to show. In the long run, it would have been less expensive if I had been there the first time.
So the lesson learned is if you want great photos of your day make sure you budget a professional photographer from the start and you can enjoy the cake, the dress, the flowers for years to come.

Here are some of my favorites from this shoot.

No comments: