Friday, March 2, 2012

Where's Roxie-week 7 & 8-Not Where I wanted to be...

Week 7 & 8 my "where's roxie" posts took a little vacation of sorts. I didn't speak much of this publicly or even privately to many people but those were a couple of scary weeks for me personally and I laid low.
I went in for my yearly mammogram now that I am 40 -i know, i know, i don't look a day over 25 but i am-just kidding :) About 4 weeks ago, a week after my initial mammogram I was called and asked to "come back for some additional views". I wasn't overly concerned because when my baseline was done a few years ago it was done with film and the hospital had told me that now they do these digitally so be prepared for a call of that nature, its very common.
I went back but soon discovered there was a REAL reason I was asked to come back, I went in on Valentines Day for the second more detailed mammogram and when a cyst was ruled out, taken to another room for additional tests by an ultrasound. Soon after what I had anticipated as a 20 minute appointment that had now lasted almost 2 hours, I was talked to by the radiologist and a nurse. They scheduled me for the next available appointment on Feb 28th for a biopsy of the mass that had been detected.
I did a few photo shoots for clients but didn't take the extra time for my where's roxie assignment as I was anticipating not being able to lug equipment etc for a few days following the procedure and quite frankly, wasn't sure what to expect, so I concentrated mostly on client work and this project took a bit of a back seat.
About 3 days after what I would not describe as the most pleasant of procedures I have ever had done, I was called to say they found no trace of cancer, it appeared to be a calcification, but I will have to return in 6 months for another mammogram and they have marked the spot (with an internal metal chip) so it can be watched for the rest of my life.
So as there has been a little lapse in my posts...Here is where Roxie was....

No comments: